Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Pawty Time!

I do love to Twitter! I have many great friends there- dogs, cats, birds, guinea pigs, etc. There's even a squirrel to chase and a capybara to give us swimming tips!

Shortly after I starting Twittering, a cat hosted a pawty and raised over $1,200 for a kitten rescue group. How do animals have a party online?

It's simple, really. We go online to Twitter at an agreed time and enjoy conversation with virtual drinks and treats in paw. A few critters took turns as the DJ's using another website while others randomly hosted contests and mailed out prizes to the winners. As usual, a few critters couldn't hold their catnip very well and ended up dancing on tables, but since no one was driving afterwards, we all made it home okay.

The next pawty is tonight, and I'm so excited! It's an island theme- my absolute favorite! This time we'll be raising money for a dog rescue group. I'll be helping to DJ for a few hours and my mama already made a lei for me! She's been helping a few hamsters with their outfits, too.

PAWTY!!!

2 comments:

Lou said...

Love your lei Dixie! You're a fantastic DJ. Hope we get to dance at next pawty. *nosekiss*

Lou

Todd said...

Sounds like a great party! You gotta invite me along next time; I'd totally love to have a Twitter party to cap off the weekend!